List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 24 2001 6:08pm
Subject:Re: autocommit == innobase_flush_log_at_trx_commit ?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 24), └»╜┬╚╞ said:
> Hi, I have a newbie question.  Is "autocommit == innobase_flush_log_at_trx_commit" ?

No; autocommit is more of a logical SQL operation, where
innobase_flush_log_at_trx_commit causes a physical action.  With
autocommit unset, you can send multiple UPDATE commands and roll them
back.  innobase_flush_log_at_trx_commit simply determines what happens
when someone does a COMMIT (or if autocommit=on, when any change is
made).  If it is unset, the logfile is only flushed when an internal
buffer fills up (not sure how large that buffer is).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped