List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:March 23 2001 8:17pm
Subject:Re: mysql.sock
View as plain text
Malek Fawaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I install the MySQL RPM package (the newest on you site) as root, I am
> able to connect to the server through mysql.sock... but when I logout as
> root and login again, the mysql.sock seems to be gone, and therefor I can
> not connect to the server. Do you have reports on that? This happens with
> SuSE linux 7.1, with SuSE linux 6.4 everything works fine...
>
> thank you for your help...
>
> malek

Unless you start the server properly, it will terminate when the shell
that
started it terminates.

Use:
mysql.server start

to start the server, and put a links to it in the init diorectories as
appropriate for your system so it starts at boot.
Thread
mysql.sockMalek Fawaz23 Mar
  • Re: mysql.sockGerald Clark23 Mar