List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:March 23 2001 8:13pm
Subject:Re: Is it a bug?
View as plain text
Malek Fawaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I install the MySQL RPM package (the newest on you site) as root, I am
> able to connect to the server through mysql.sock... but when I reboot the
> system the mysql.sock seems to be gone, and therefor I can not connect to
> the server. Do you have reports on that? This happens with SuSE linux 7.1,
> with SuSE linux 6.4 everything works fine...
>
> thank you for your help...
>
> malek

The sock is gone because the server is not running.
Start the server.
Thread
Is it a bug?Malek Fawaz23 Mar
  • *sigh* Re: Is it a bug?Peter Skipworth23 Mar
    • RE:RTFM (was: *sigh* Re: Is it a bug? )Cal Evans23 Mar
  • Re: Is it a bug?Gerald Clark23 Mar
RE: RTFM (was: *sigh* Re: Is it a bug? )Chris M. Oson26 Mar
RE: RTFM (was: *sigh* Re: Is it a bug? )Rick Emery26 Mar
  • Re: RTFM (was: *sigh* Re: Is it a bug? )Eric Fitzgerald26 Mar