List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:March 23 2001 2:28pm
Subject:Re: Query: Error 2002 Can't connect to local mysql server.
View as plain text
Did you follow the rest of the instructions?

Did you create the mysql user?
Did you run mysql_install_db --user=mysql ?
Did you start the server ?

"Foresight Systems Ltd." wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> We are trying to install and configure mysql version .23.32 on Linux Red
> Hat 7.
> Usinf the configure option
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/usr/local/mysql/data
> --with-unix-socket-path=/usr.local/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock
> the make and make install.
> we have tried several variations of the configure options.
> no error is shown during compilation and installation.
> On executing mysql from root
> there is an error
> sayin Can't connect to local MySql server. through
> var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.
> We have tried with changed socket path in configure option giving the
> above path.
> But we do'nt find the sock file in any of the directory.
> Plese help us to resolve this problem.
> We have already installed apache and PHP4 in our system with success.
>
> Akshaya

Thread
Query: Error 2002 Can't connect to local mysql server.Foresight Systems Ltd.23 Mar
  • Re: Query: Error 2002 Can't connect to local mysql server.Erik Ahlstrom23 Mar
  • Re: Query: Error 2002 Can't connect to local mysql server.Gerald Clark23 Mar