List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Shuey Date:July 9 1999 3:00am
Subject:Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?
View as plain text
I have a database on an Ultra10 Solaris machine.  The drive with the operating system
failed and we had to re-install the OS.  Now
Mysql doesn’t work correctly when called from Java.  I’m thinking that we should
re-install mysql again and that will clear up the
problems.  However, I don’t want to lose my database.  If I do another install on the
same directory will it wipe my existing
database?  (I don’t have room on the drives to backup the entire database.

Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?(Brandon Shuey)9 Jul
  • Re: Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?Dan Nelson9 Jul
  • Re-Install of mysql - Will I lose data?Michael Widenius29 Jul