List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 8 1999 10:26pm
Subject:Re: Questions about MySQL
View as plain text
Rebecca Black wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a few questions about MySQL:
>
> 1. About how many lines of code does the UNIX version of MySQL have?

[sasha@sasha mysql-3.22.20a]$ find . -path "*mit-*" -regex ".*.[ch]+"  |
xargs wc -l 2>/dev/null | tail -1
  10215 total
[sasha@sasha mysql-3.22.20a]$ find .  -regex ".*.[ch]+"  | xargs wc -l
2>/dev/null | tail -1
 145001 total

So 145001 of everything - 10215 of MIT-threads is approx. 135,000,
wanted to know that myself for a long time.

> 2. Can two different versions of MySQL run side by side without problem
> (please respond for both x86 and UNIX)?

Unix can run on x86, I am running it on my Intel desktop just fine as
well as on our web/database server (Linux). to instances of mysql daemon
can co-exist peacefully on one machine if:
 - they are fighting over the same TCP port (tell one to move off to a
different port)
 - they are not fighting over the same Unix socket ( tell one of them to
move off to a different socket)
 - OS implements reliable file locking mechanism

> 3. Does it work well on systems when the regional settings are changed to a
> language other than English?

Yes

> 4. Is MySQL localized to any language other than English?

Yes

For more info, check the manual.

--
Sasha Pachev