List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Powell Date:March 20 1999 3:53pm
Subject:corruptions in a db
View as plain text
Hi... I have a problem with a database... when I try to add columns, or
remove columns, corruptions arise within the database that cause the load on
the server to go very high.  I am downloading the new version of mySQL to
try and solve this, has anybody else had similar problems?  And if so what
is the best way to solve these problems?

For instance, we had a char url(255) field, and when we added a new column
into the page_data database, seperate from URL, some of the URLs became
corrupted, and some other fields were randomly set to NULL - and one was
even set to 'hutdown of d' - which is quite bizarre.

Adam

Thread
corruptions in a dbAdam Powell20 Mar
  • corruptions in a dbMichael Widenius21 Mar
  • corruptions in a dbsinisa21 Mar
  • Re: client server applicationJohn Raab4 Feb
  • RE: client server applicationRoy Nasser4 Feb
RE: client server applicationQuentin Bennett4 Feb
RE: client server applicationAhmed K Bayyari4 Feb
RE: client server applicationRichard Schilling8 Feb
RE: client server applicationCarlos Proal8 Feb