List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas R. Bedell Date:March 20 1999 3:29pm
Subject:MySQL & C API - Syntax
View as plain text
Hello,

Sorry about the stupid question.  But I am a FNG to C and MySQL.  But
here goes>>>
I am currently running Redhat 5.1, MySQL 3_22_20a, (I have installed  Bench, Client and
Devel packages also) and glibc-2_0_7-19.
Now the stupid part:
Can someone please provide the proper syntax to simply connect to MySQL.  Assuming the
Database is "test"?  I assume, I would use  MySQL_Real_Connect().  As you know, If the
syntax is not exactly  correct, I will get compile errors.
Also, to avoid stupid questions in the future, can someone please point  me to the proper
C API manual for MySQL?
Thanks a million,

Tom

The end result???  I am trying to build an online database using HTML,
MySQL, C.  Connecting to MySQL is the stumbling block at this point.

Thread
MySQL & C API - SyntaxThomas R. Bedell20 Mar
  • Re: MySQL & C API - SyntaxPaul DuBois20 Mar