List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 8 1999 8:33am
Subject:MIT threads on BSDI 3.0
View as plain text
>>>>> "sam1600" == sam1600  <sam1600@stripped> writes:

sam1600> hello,
sam1600> Would someone PLEASE help.

sam1600> regarding my post of a couple of months ago:

sam1600>
> http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?t=92398520500001&w=2&d=1&r=1

sam1600> Will someone please tell me exactly how can I patch MySQL to use MIT threads
> on BSDI 3.0?  Is it a patch from BSD?  I have so many questions :-(

sam1600> My ISP will not apply the threads patch to the OS and Monty said:

sam1600> "One should on the other hand be able to quite easily patch MySQL to use MIT
> threads on BSDI 3.0 if the ISP doesn't want to install the requested patches..."

sam1600> I've read the manual and it talks about the patch to the OS and not MYSql.

sam1600> I'm at my wits end.  please help.  Step by step would be a godsend.

sam1600> Thanks
sam1600> Sam

Hi!

Sorry, but there is no shortcut in this case.

You need to find someone with C and maybe assembler experience to port
mit-threads to BSDI 3.0.  This is not a trivial task so you must be
prepared to pay him for this!  (It should take 1-6 hours).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MIT threads on BSDI 3.0sam16008 Jul
  • MIT threads on BSDI 3.0Michael Widenius8 Jul
    • Re: MIT threads on BSDI 3.0Patrick Greenwell8 Jul
  • Re: MIT threads on BSDI 3.0Vivek Khera8 Jul
Re: MIT threads on BSDI 3.0sam16009 Jul
  • Re: MIT threads on BSDI 3.0Vivek Khera9 Jul