List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 7 1999 11:09pm
Subject:Re: Import: skipping fields
View as plain text
Para-dox wrote:

> (Please send direct to me)
>
> I have a text file with about 60000 rows of 34 columns each. I need to
> inport it into a table with only two columns....the first column is the
> first column in the text file, and the second column in the table is the
> last column in the text file. How can I skip all the columns in between?
> I've tried specifying a list in LOAD DATA INFILE with NULL as seperators for
> columns I don't want to import, but it doesn't work.
>
> Regards, Dave (paradox@stripped)

The best way to do this is to write a script in  Perl or whatever your
favorite hacking tool is to split clean up the data before you import. I
have checked to see if LOAD DATA INFILE can handle pipes, and found out
that it cannot ( at least in 3.22.20), so you would have to do a
two-stage thing.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)