List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 7 1999 9:42am
Subject:Re: charsets, optimizing for both danish and swedish, what to choose?
View as plain text
>>>>> "techno" == techno  <plamendp@stripped> writes:

techno> Regarding  this question, I hope we will have soon MySQL using locale
techno> environment settings  or at least  some command line switch :-)

techno> Do you, MySQL team, have plans to implement this ?

Hi!

Yes, we plan implement this by allowing you to specify the sort order
per table (or possible per column).

In fact, it wouldn't be that hard to do this;  The major problem is to
find time do this (there is just too much to do...).  Please check the
MySQL TODO how we prioritize this!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
charsets, optimizing for both danish and swedish, what to choose?Martin B. Jespersen6 Jul
Re: charsets, optimizing for both danish and swedish, what to choose?techno6 Jul
  • Re: charsets, optimizing for both danish and swedish, what to choose?Michael Widenius7 Jul