List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 7 1999 10:03am
Subject:Prebuilt binaries for Linux don't run.
View as plain text
>>>>> "grif" == grif  <grif@stripped> writes:

grif> 	Prebuilt clients don't have all symbols;

>> How-To-Repeat:

grif> myhost%  mysql
grif> mysql: error in loading shared libraries
grif> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.7: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

>> Fix:

<cut>

grif> gcc version 2.7.2.3

<cut>

The problem is that we are using a newer version of gcc (2.9) than
you are using.  To be able to use the default shared libraries you
need to update your gcc version!  I would recommend that you install
egcs 1.1.2 and try again!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Prebuilt binaries for Linux don't run.grif6 Jul
  • Prebuilt binaries for Linux don't run.Michael Widenius7 Jul