List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Crystal Haskins Date:March 20 1999 2:20am
Subject:How can I start and stop the Mysql server from a web page?
View as plain text
Hi,

I've been away from the list for awhile,so, I hope that I'm not asking a
question that has already been asked and answered.  My question is, I
want to add an option on a web page to shutdown and start the mysql
server.  I am using the system() function in perl to do this, but, I get
a server error when I execute it from the web.  The code runs error-free
from the Unix command line.  These are the 2 lines that causes the
error.

system("/usr/local/src/mysql3.21/bin/mysqladmin shutdown");

and

system("/usr/local/src/mysql3.21/bin/safe_mysqld -O key_buffer=16m etc..
&");

I think the problem may be that I don't have priviledge to do either
over the internet and because neither of these scripts are in my cgi-bin
directory (mysqladmin and safe_mysqld).  How can I fix this?

Also, how can I write some perl code to tell if the Mysql server is
running?

Would someone be kind enough to give me some advice on how to resolve
these problems?  I would be most appreciative.

Thanks so much in advance!

Charisse
Thread
How can I start and stop the Mysql server from a web page?Crystal Haskins20 Mar
  • Re: How can I start and stop the Mysql server from a web page?Thimble Smith20 Mar