List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Youngjoo Song Date:March 20 1999 2:25am
Subject:Any way to set the compile option on the fly?
View as plain text
Hi.

I read in the documentation that the mysql engine should be compiled with a
relevant option to support sorting multi-byte character(CJK) sets. This may
be no problem if you have the server hosting the engine to yourself. But to
the customer using a Web-hosting service like myself, this can't apply. I
asked my hosting provider to re-compile their mysql engine and got rejected
due quite a small number of such requests. So, I'm trying to find a way to
change the compile option on the fly whenever I want to sort my CJK data or
any workaround if there's any. Thanks in advance.

-- Youngjoo

Thread
Any way to set the compile option on the fly?Youngjoo Song20 Mar