List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:July 7 1999 10:49am
Subject:SV: SV: Select statement for the following...
View as plain text
>thanks for the reply :O)  I have written a php3 function that
calculates
>the highest sequence value, interesting thing now is though wether the
>php3 code is quicker, less load etc, than doing a 'proper' sql query!

I would guess that the MySQL function would be quicker. It has all the
data available while PHP3 needs to get it via function calls. PHP3 needs
to get more data so that load increases as well while MySQL can do the
proper select and only return the data you're looking for. It's probably
not faster by any measurable margin though...

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
S-422 43 Hisings Backa

Thread
SV: SV: Select statement for the following...Martin Edelius7 Jul