List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:July 7 1999 10:08am
Subject:SV: Select statement for the following...
View as plain text
>select rowid from tablename where seq=MAX(seq);

There is a max() function in SQL and I do believe that it's implemented
in MySQL as well (as always, check the manual 8). The tricky part is
that you can't use it just any way you like since it's a statistical
function (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong since I'm just
learning these things). I do believe you have to use it with 'having'.
Something like 'select rowid from tablename having max(seq);' but I'm
not 100% sure...

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
S-422 43 Hisings Backa

Thread
SV: Select statement for the following...Martin Edelius7 Jul
  • Re: SV: Select statement for the following...Matt Duggan7 Jul