List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:March 20 1999 12:50am
Subject:Ultra High Performance
View as plain text
Eric Savage writes:
 > What is the optimal way to interface ith MySQL for the highest
 > performance, diregarding development ease and time?  We current write all
 > cgi's in C using the C API.  We are basically just looking for a way to
 > minimize the number of machines we need.  Our use ranges from simple
 > UPDATE sand INSERT statements to complex joinsand substring searches.
 >
 > Eric Savage
 > esavage@stripped

Hi!

Beside other stuff, use egcs and turn all optimizations on. Install
more and more RAM and increase all bufers. Even net_buffer_length
influences performence.

Try not to use, or minimise the use of varchar, text and blob field
types.

Normalize your tables as much as you can.

Do not have a single query which does not use indexes.

When all else fails, add more RAM and more CPU.

Use latest 20.000 RPMs disks.

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___        ==  mysql@stripped        |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|        Sinisa Milivojevic      |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|        mailto:sinisa@stripped |
|   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|        Belgrade                |
|             /*/             \*\                   Developers Team   |
Ultra High PerformanceEric Savage19 Mar
  • Ultra High Performancesinisa20 Mar
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timesinisa21 Jan
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timeLars Dittmann21 Jan
  • help: Can't find key for index errorwebmaster junet22 Jan
    • Re: help: Can't find key for index errorsinisa22 Jan
Re: Ultra High PerformanceFred Lindberg19 Mar