List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 20 1999 12:22am
Subject:Re: [mysql] compile and ikage problem still :(
View as plain text
On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 07:08:01PM -0500, RaymanJ@stripped wrote:
> bash-2.02$ gcc
> -l/usr/ports/databases/mysql321/work/mysql-3.21.33b/include\test.
> c\ -L/usr/ports/databases/mysql321/work/mysql-3.21.33b/include\ -lmysqlclient
> -l
> m\ -o test
> gcc: test: No such file or directory

I don't mean to sound rude, but you can not pick at random which spaces
to include and which to leave out.  The computer is quite picky about
separating items with spaces and so forth.

Some basic familiarity with the C compiler would go a long ways, I
think - you might want to invest some time reading the info pages for
gcc (and the FAQ for it, and also talking to someone who is familiar
with it).  Your problems are a direct result from not understanding
how the C compiler works (in addition to not understanding how the Unix
shell works).

If you type the following in ALL ON ONE LINE, making sure there are spaces
between all the words, it should work:

gcc -I/usr/ports/databases/mysql321/work/mysql-3.21.33b/include test.c
-L/usr/ports/databases/mysql321/work/mysql-3.21.33b/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
-lm -o test

Note: I can't put it all on one line in e-mail, because it's too long.
Just copy each line one at a time and put them all together on one line,
then hit return.

Once this works, PLEASE take some time to get familiar with Unix, GCC and
compiling in general - it will save you a lot of time, and will save us
time as well.

If it doesn't work, please carefully cut and paste exactly what you tried.
If what you tried won't fit on one line of e-mail, please carefully paste
it in the best way possible and then explain exactly what you did.

Thanks,

Tim
Thread
[mysql] compile and ikage problem still :(RaymanJ20 Mar
  • Re: [mysql] compile and ikage problem still :(Thimble Smith20 Mar
  • [mysql] compile and ikage problem still :(sinisa20 Mar