List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dick Griffin Date:July 5 1999 5:56pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrement
View as plain text
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Paul DuBois wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm completely new at this mySQL database, but have had (well dated)
experience using Watfile database and db3.

Just installed the mysql on my FreeBSD sytem, using the ports selection,
and am hoping to use it to support a website.

I have the mysql server running successfully, and am trying to follow
instruction on the turtorial that are graciously provided at the mySQL
website,  But....

it seems that my files and directories as installed by the make from
BreeBSD ports, are not in the same relative locations as the tutorials
written my Mr. Zhang seem to suggest that they should be.

So, I am confused about how to set up an account for myself as a user of
the database, instead of as 'root'.

Are there anyother tutorials out there?

Dick Griffin
At Home
703 685 0032

Thread
SQL join questionWillem Bison11 Mar
  • Re: SQL join questionChristian Mack11 Mar
  • Re: MySQL 3.23 alpha released (problems/fixes)Paul DuBois5 Jul
    • MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementBarry5 Jul
      • Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementPaul DuBois5 Jul
        • Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementMartin Ramsch5 Jul
          • Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementPaul DuBois5 Jul
            • Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementMichael Widenius7 Jul
        • Re: MySQL 3.23 & autoincrementDick Griffin5 Jul