List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Gerrard Date:July 5 1999 6:00pm
Subject:RE: Problem (char ') in a UPDATE...
View as plain text
> I see what you mean Samuel but when you send to the database (by a form on
> internet and a servlet writting in Java) a text with 60000 chars (for
> example), my servlet has to read char by char the text and if the char
> analysed is a ' I change it with a \'.... it will be very long !! and in

Really?  Java doesn't support regular expressions?  You've got to be
kidding.

> the same way, when I executeQuery, I have to change the \' in '....

No, the "\'" is not stored in the db.  You only need to escape it to get it
into the database.

Thread
Problem (char ') in a UPDATE...Eric Choley5 Jul
  • Re: Problem (char ') in a UPDATE...T├Ánu Samuel5 Jul
  • RE: Problem (char ') in a UPDATE...Bill Gerrard5 Jul
  • Re: Problem (char ') in a UPDATE...Clyde Smith-Stubbs6 Jul