List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:July 5 1999 1:59pm
Subject:Timestamp and total time taken
View as plain text
Trying to create a student monitor login for a lab and want to get the
time they start and the time they end.  These two times should be used
to get the total time spent in the lab.  Should I use Timestamp twice
one for timein and one for timeout and if so is there a way to add up
the time the montor worked in the lab by using the timestamp method?
Can I simply use HH,MM from tdin to HH,MM of tdout?  Should I go about
this a different way?  This is what I have so far for my table.  Would
this be a perl script.?

Create Table monitor (
formnum mediumint not null auto_increment,
firstn varchar (30),
lastn varchar (30),
info blob,
tdin timestamp (14),
tdout timestamp (14),
tdtotal (?) This is where the total time will be stored.
Primary Key (formnum)
)

Thanks in advance.

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
Timestamp and total time takenDouglas Brantz5 Jul