List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:July 5 1999 1:59pm
Subject:Timestamp and total time taken
View as plain text
Trying to create a student monitor login for a lab and want to get the
time they start and the time they end.  These two times should be used
to get the total time spent in the lab.  Should I use Timestamp twice
one for timein and one for timeout and if so is there a way to add up
the time the montor worked in the lab by using the timestamp method?
Can I simply use HH,MM from tdin to HH,MM of tdout?  Should I go about
this a different way?  This is what I have so far for my table.  Would
this be a perl script.?

Create Table monitor (
formnum mediumint not null auto_increment,
firstn varchar (30),
lastn varchar (30),
info blob,
tdin timestamp (14),
tdout timestamp (14),
tdtotal (?) This is where the total time will be stored.
Primary Key (formnum)

Thanks in advance.

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant
Fine & Applied Arts
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE

Timestamp and total time takenDouglas Brantz5 Jul