List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 5 1999 9:03am
Subject:SV: Swedish characters in table/column names
View as plain text

>> What MySQL client are you using?
Martin> 3.22.23b, from the RPM's.

>> Have you tried to put the above in a text file and execute it from
>> there with  "mysql database < file.sql"

Martin> That's what I did, only I put 'use database Service;' first in the text
Martin> file since I was unsure how to specify it at the command line...

Martin> The RH installation supports Swedish characters in filenames so I don't
Martin> think that's where the problem is.

Martin> First I tried to create the text file on my W98 machine but that was no
Martin> good since åäö got all wrong. I then created it in JOE via
> telnet to the
Martin> server but I can't see how that could affect it. I was thinking that
Martin> maybe it's not really 'ä' that the MySQL client gets but I don't know...

Hi!

Could you send me the output from:

od -tcx filename ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
SV: Swedish characters in table/column namesMartin Edelius5 Jul
  • SV: Swedish characters in table/column namesMichael Widenius5 Jul