List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tauren Mills Date:February 15 2001 5:04pm
Subject:Server configuration denies access to the data source
View as plain text
Within the last few days we've started having serious problems with our
database.  We have no problems connecting to it using "mysql" and
"mysqladmin".  For instance, this command lets us into the database just
fine:
mysql -ucustomer -p customer_database

The database seems to be working correctly.  However, many of our customers
are having troubles getting their Java servlets and/or JSP pages to connect
properly.

Note that these customers have existing applications that have been working
correctly for some time.  They have not made any changes, nor have we.  Now,
all of a sudden, they are getting these errors in their error logs:

Cannot load connection class 'java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration
denies access to data source'.

This is happening to multiple customers at the same time.  The only way we
can fix the problem is to shut down the mysql database server and restart
it.

Any idea what might be happening?

We are running on RedHat 6.2 with mysql 3.22.32 from RPM.

Thanks for the help!

Tauren

Thread
Server configuration denies access to the data sourceTauren Mills15 Feb