List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:July 4 1999 7:46pm
Subject:Swedish characters in table/column names
View as plain text
Hi all.

to work in table/column names. When checking the manual I see in the
features list that MySQL can handle it but I can't find any info on if
it's on by default. I've installed the RPM's, both client and server, on
a RH 5.2 server.

When doing 'mysqladmin variables' the only language specification I see
is this:
| language                   | /usr/share/mysql/english/ |
which I assume is for reporting errors and such. Am I correct in this or
do I need to recompile with support for Swedish characters in
table/column names?

When trying to create a table like this:
create table Common
(
        UIV int(16) unsigned not null,
        Status int(16) unsigned not null,
        Modell int(16) unsigned,
        Fabrikat char(80) not null,
[snip]

I get this error:
ERROR 1064 at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'gare
int(16) unsigned,
        Modell int(16) unsigned,
        Fabrikat char(80) not null, ' at line 5

Any suggestions/ideas?

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
S-422 43 Hisings Backa

Thread
Swedish characters in table/column namesMartin Edelius4 Jul
  • Swedish characters in table/column namesMichael Widenius5 Jul