List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wade Maxfield Date:March 19 1999 10:38pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] link error
View as plain text

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 RaymanJ@stripped wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I am testing out how to connect to MySQL with a C program.  This is the first
> time for me to do this.
> 	Problem:
> 		When ever I compile my program it gives me an error message as below.
>
> /var/tmp/ccyP17051.o: Undefined symbol `_mysql_connect' referenced from text
> seg
> ment

  I had the same problem. It was the order in which I passed items to the
c compiler.  try putting your program before all the libraries, like this:

 gcc program.c -I /usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

wade

Thread
[MySQL] link errorRaymanJ19 Mar
  • Re: [MySQL] link errorPaul DuBois19 Mar
  • Re: [MySQL] link errorThimble Smith19 Mar
  • Re: [MySQL] link errorWade Maxfield19 Mar