List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:July 3 1999 2:22am
Subject:Re: DATE fields in MS ACCESS 97 do not import in MYSQL
View as plain text
BTW - There's considerable documentation regarding dates, Y2K and conversion
functions in the MySQL docs.

I think you'll find if you use the 'advanced' features of the Access export,
you can explicitly change the date column to 4-digit-year, add leading
zeros, and change the delimiter to '-' to produce legal dates that MySQL
will import.

So using your example: 07/13/01 0:00:00
exports from Access as: 2001-07-13 0:00:00
and upon inserting into MySQL becomes: 2001-07-13 00:00:00

-Jay J