List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 3 1999 1:11am
Subject:Problems with DBD::Mysql
View as plain text
>>>>> "Geocrawler" == Geocrawler com <archiver@stripped>
> writes:

Geocrawler> This message was sent from by "Michael Massimino"
> <md_massimino@stripped>
Geocrawler> Be sure to reply to that address.

Geocrawler> I'm running the MySql database v3.22.23b-1., which works fine.  I tried to
> install the Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2200 package from CPAN, but can't pass the make test
> phase.  I get this error:

Geocrawler> install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
> '../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/' for module DBD::mysql:
> ../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/ undefined symbol: open64 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i686-linux/ line 169.

Geocrawler> I've wasted two days now trying to figure out how the heck to get this
> working, with no positive results other than I resinstalled every piece of Perl software
> you can name.  I'm starting to get rather annoyed, so any ideas here would be greatly
> appreciated.

Geocrawler> Michal Massimino

The problem is that your perl is not compiled with bug file support.

Recompile the mysqld libraries without big file support.  To do this,
you have to delete the 'big file support test' from configure !
Remember to remove 'config.cache' before running configure!

PS: I am quite sure that you could have find the solution to this
    problem by searching after fopen64 in the MySQL email archive.
Problems with DBD::MysqlGeocrawler.com3 Jul
  • Problems with DBD::MysqlMichael Widenius3 Jul