List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 3 1999 1:11am
Subject:Problems with DBD::Mysql
View as plain text
>>>>> "Geocrawler" == Geocrawler com <archiver@stripped>
> writes:

Geocrawler> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Michael Massimino"
> <md_massimino@stripped>
Geocrawler> Be sure to reply to that address.

Geocrawler> I'm running the MySql database v3.22.23b-1., which works fine.  I tried to
> install the Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2200 package from CPAN, but can't pass the make test
> phase.  I get this error:

Geocrawler> install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
> '../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql:
> ../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined symbol: open64 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

Geocrawler> I've wasted two days now trying to figure out how the heck to get this
> working, with no positive results other than I resinstalled every piece of Perl software
> you can name.  I'm starting to get rather annoyed, so any ideas here would be greatly
> appreciated.

Geocrawler> Michal Massimino

Hi!

The problem is that your perl is not compiled with bug file support.

Fix:

Recompile the mysqld libraries without big file support.  To do this,
you have to delete the 'big file support test' from configure !
Remember to remove 'config.cache' before running configure!

Regards,
Monty

PS: I am quite sure that you could have find the solution to this
    problem by searching after fopen64 in the MySQL email archive.
Thread
Problems with DBD::MysqlGeocrawler.com3 Jul
  • Problems with DBD::MysqlMichael Widenius3 Jul