List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 2 1999 6:16pm
Subject:MySQL takes 100% CPU on a query that normally takes 0.20sec
View as plain text
>>>>> "root" == root  <root@stripped> writes:

root> [ Please email me directly as I am not subscribed to the list ]

root> 	MySQL starts consumming all the CPU cycles and takes almost a
root>         minute to complete queries that normally take less than a second.

>> How-To-Repeat:

root> We are seeing this problem on our web server every few hours.
root> We have tracked it down to a specific query. Yet when we run the
root> queriy manually it takes less than a second to run.

<cut>

Hi!

What does 'mysqladmin processlist' say when this happens?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL takes 100% CPU on a query that normally takes 0.20secroot2 Jul
  • MySQL takes 100% CPU on a query that normally takes 0.20secMichael Widenius2 Jul