List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:February 8 2001 6:14pm
Subject:Re: table too big to dump?
View as plain text

BR> When I try to do a mysqldump on the localhost, I get an out-of-memory
BR> error:

BR>   # mysqldump -uroot -proot customer audit_trail_271
BR>   mysqldump: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
BR>   mysqldump: Got error: 2008: MySQL client run out of memory

By default mysql client reads the whole result set into memory then
writes the output.  You can alter this behavior with the "-q" option
to mysqldump, so it writes out as it reads from the server without
buffering in memory.
Thread
table too big to dump?Brian Reichert7 Feb
  • Re: table too big to dump?Brian Reichert8 Feb
  • Re: table too big to dump?Peter Skipworth8 Feb
  • Re: table too big to dump?Dan Nelson8 Feb
    • Re: table too big to dump?Brian Reichert8 Feb
  • Re: table too big to dump?Steve Ruby8 Feb
  • Re: table too big to dump?Vivek Khera8 Feb