List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:February 6 2001 9:09pm
Subject:Re: Boolean Datatype
View as plain text

RD> Thanks for the suggestion, but this would still mean converting the data
RD> type from within ASP (the 'True' type) down to a char ('T') would it not?

then use

 ENUM('False','True')

instead.  Enum can have any string you want.  I personally prefer to
use the order False, True since then it also has the numeric values 0
and 1.

>> CREATE TABLE logInfo2
>> (
>> logID           INT NOT NULL UNIQUE,
>> ipAddress       VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'None',
>> boolVars        ENUM ('T', 'F') DEFAULT 'F'
>> )

Thread
Boolean DatatypeRuss Davies6 Feb
RE: Boolean DatatypeChris M. Oson6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeRuss Davies6 Feb
    • Re: Boolean DatatypeVivek Khera6 Feb
    • RE: Boolean DatatypeRoger Ramirez6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeRuss Davies6 Feb
RE: Boolean DatatypeChris M. Oson6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeRuss Davies6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeMatt Friedman6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeRuss Davies6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeGregg Housh6 Feb
  • Re: Boolean DatatypeRolf Hopkins7 Feb
Re: Boolean Datatypebtjones6 Feb
Re: Boolean DatatypeGregg Housh6 Feb
Antwort: Boolean Datatypealexander.skwar7 Feb