List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 2 1999 11:25am
Subject:<synopsis of the problem (one line)>
View as plain text

PTS> 	After compilation using egcs-1.1.2 (following the instructions
PTS> 	in the INSTALL guilde.  All the query and admin binaries seg
PTS> 	fault and dump core.  However, the mysqld binary seems to run
PTS> 	just fine.  Changing the LD run path changes nothing.  Truss
PTS> 	reveals:

<cut>

>> How-To-Repeat:
PTS> 	not quite sure, in my case simply compile as instructed, start
PTS> 	the database engine and attempt to do anything.
>> Fix:

>> Submitter-Id:	<ian@stripped>
>> Originator:	PTS Administrator

>> MySQL support: [none ]
>> Synopsis:
>> Severity:
>> Category:	mysql
>> Class:
>> Release:	mysql-3.22.23b (Source distribution)

>> Environment:

PTS> System: SunOS sparc 5.7 Generic_106541-05 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-LX
PTS> Architecture: sun4

PTS> Some paths:  /usr/bin/perl

PTS> Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS=''  CXX='gcc'  CXXFLAGS=''  LDFLAGS=''
PTS> Configure command: ./configure  --with-unix-socket-path=/var/tmp/mysql.sock
> --with-low-memory --with-mit-threads=yes
PTS> Perl: This is perl, version 5.004_04 built for sun4-solaris

Hi!

I see that you built MySQL with mit-threads, but we have never tested
this on Solaris 2.7.  Could you try again without the
--with-mit-threads=yes option!

Try also adding --with-debug=yes. This makes it possible for you to
use gdb to check where mysql client dies.

If everything fails, you should be able to use the clients from the
MySQL-Solaris 2.6 binary distribution.

Regards,
Monty

PS: I am myself using MySQL on a Solaris 2.7 machine with egcs 1.1.2
    without any problems, so this should work...
Thread
<synopsis of the problem (one line)>PTS Administrator2 Jul
  • <synopsis of the problem (one line)>Michael Widenius2 Jul