List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:March 19 1999 8:50pm
Subject:Re: SV: fastCPU vs moreRAM
View as plain text
I've been meaning to install mySQL on my hand-crufted bit
of crud at home, which has a K62-300 in it.  I'll do that
this weekend and report the results.

From:	martin.edelius%spirex.se@Internet on 03/19/99 10:28 AM
To:	maxfield%one.ctelcom.net@Internet, mysql%lists.mysql.com@Internet
cc:	 (bcc: Derick H Siddoway/TC/TRS/American Express)
Subject:	SV: fastCPU vs moreRAM

{snip}

Come to think of it, has anyone any experience from running MySQL on a
Celeron CPU? It'd be fun to see how much impact the smaller on-die cache
has. And a K6-2 CPU would be interesting too. A Celeron could be an
option if it's smaller cache doesn't hamper performance too much.

Thread
SV: fastCPU vs moreRAMMartin Edelius19 Mar
  • RAID levelsKyle Cordes20 Mar
    • Re: RAID levelsMatthias Pigulla20 Mar
  • Re: PLEASE READ: Porting Windows VC++ MySQL Proggie to Linux\UnixSinisa Milivojevic27 Jun
Re: SV: fastCPU vs moreRAMDerick H Siddoway19 Mar