List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:July 1 1999 5:32pm
Subject:RE: auth_mysql problem ... perhaps off topic
View as plain text

NP> Don't use REMOTE_USER environment variable.  It is so easy to fake...
VK> Interesting claim.  Please explain why you think it is easy to fake
VK> out the server from inserting REMOTE_USER.

NP> I have a public domain ident server which will return whatever user_id you
NP> choose to tell it to.  IIRC, REMOTE_USER is set using ident.

No, it is not set using ident.  It is set from the credentials
presented for the basic authentication.
Thread
auth_mysql problem ... perhaps off topicBruno Matarollo30 Jun
  • Re: auth_mysql problem ... perhaps off topicBenjamin Pflugmann1 Jul
RE: auth_mysql problem ... perhaps off topicNigel Parker1 Jul
  • RE: auth_mysql problem ... perhaps off topicVivek Khera1 Jul