List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 1 1999 5:13pm
Subject:Database running but not quite
View as plain text

L> Hello,
L> Has anyone seen this behaviour before ?
L> Mysql for HP-UX 10.20. PA1.1 gunzips fine, untars fine, configures fine.
L> The only warning I EVER get is when mysql_install_db starts, it prints
L> out the following warning at the very beginning:

L> WARNING: Your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible with this MySQL
L> version
L> mysqld should work normally with the exception that host name resolving
L> will not work.  This means that you should use IP addresses instead
L> of hostnames when specifying MySQL privileges !

<cut>

Hi!

Did you use a source a binary version?

If you used a binary version, you should check if the source version
would work better for you!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Database running but not quiteL. Farah25 Jun
  • Database running but not quiteJani Tolonen1 Jul
  • Database running but not quiteMichael Widenius1 Jul
  • Re: Database running but not quiteL. Farah1 Jul
    • Re: Database running but not quiteMichael Widenius1 Jul