List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Isabelle Poueriet Date:March 19 1999 8:38pm
Subject:Re: Installing mysql in Linux
View as plain text
I do not have root access.  I am an SA trainee.  So my task is to install
mysql in my home directory and test it.  If everything comes out fine then
they'll give me root access to install it in /usr/local.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Isabelle Poueriet   |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Micheal Mc Evoy wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Isabelle Poueriet wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
> > I did a make install. But this tries to "mkdir /usr/local/include/mysql".
> > I get an error because I do not have the permission to enter
> > /usr/local.
> > I'm not installing mysql in /usr/local/.  I do not have the permission to
> > do that.
>
> If you have root access, su to root before you do the make install
> otherwise have the sysadmin install it for you.
>
> Slan,
> Micheal
>
> ---
> Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
>                                              http://www.whitepine.com
>
> WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
> by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar
  • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxMicheal Mc Evoy19 Mar
    • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar
  • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar