List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ritschie Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: Query?
View as plain text

Try the following:
give a username and the password for the user like:
# mysql -h localhost -u root -p
mysql should then prompt you for the password.
If you haven't set up a root password yet you shoul dbe prompted to do
(I think)
And if you have a root password then the upper syntax should work..

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Rosmon Sidhik wrote:

> hi ,
> I have a problem when using some of the databases in mysql ( including
> the grant tables).
> The following is the output I get when I try to use the databases ( some
> of them.).
> #      ./bin/mysql mysql   (# is the root prompt)
> ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql' .
> Rosmon .

Query?Rosmon Sidhik1 Jul
  • Re: Query?Ritschie1 Jul