List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ritschie Date:July 1 1999 11:01am
Subject:Re: Query?
View as plain text
Hi,

Try the following:
give a username and the password for the user like:
# mysql -h localhost -u root -p
mysql should then prompt you for the password.
If you haven't set up a root password yet you shoul dbe prompted to do
that.
(I think)
And if you have a root password then the upper syntax should work..

Ritschie

http://ludens.elte.hu/~krichard
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Rosmon Sidhik wrote:

> hi ,
>
> I have a problem when using some of the databases in mysql ( including
> the grant tables).
>
> The following is the output I get when I try to use the databases ( some
>
> of them.).
>
> #      ./bin/mysql mysql   (# is the root prompt)
>
> ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql' .
>
> Rosmon .

Thread
Query?Rosmon Sidhik1 Jul