List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Isabelle Poueriet Date:March 19 1999 8:32pm
Subject:Installing mysql in Linux
View as plain text

 Hi,

 I've been trying to install mysql in Linux.
 I am not using an rpm file.  I do not have rpm installed.

 The problem I am having is when I run mysql_install_db.sh script.
 It tells me that it cannot find installation_directory/mysqld. And it
 recommends to do a "make install".

 I did a make install. But this tries to "mkdir /usr/local/include/mysql".
 I get an error because I do not have the permission to enter
 /usr/local.
 I'm not installing mysql in /usr/local/.  I do not have the permission to
 do that.

 I modified the file Make file so that it does not try to to go to
 /usr/local.  What other files/scripts may make be using that makes it go
to /usr/local.

 Somebody please help.

 Thanks in advance.

 | Isabelle Poueriet   |

Thread
Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar
  • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxMicheal Mc Evoy19 Mar
    • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar
  • Re: Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet19 Mar