List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 27 2001 11:14pm
Subject:Re: FS setup for MySQL (Was : RAW Device support)
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 27), Artem Koutchine said:
> Interesting, how will MySQL benefit from using
> -async
> -noatime
> options for filesystem it is keeping its data on or from using
> SoftUpdates (for FreeBSD in particular).

Not much.  Since you're constantly accessing the same small amount of
files over and over, there just isn't enough metadata being changed for
any of those three options to make any difference (all three options
affect metadata only; file data itself is written async by defaut).
I'd enable softupdates just on general principles, though.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped