List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 19 1999 8:04pm
Subject:Re: delete returns incorect number of deleted rows.
View as plain text
>The manual clearly states that when deleting all rows MySQL recreates
>the table as an empty table and can therefor not know how many rows that
>were affected. It's not an bug, it's a feature.

I've noticed this myself.  It's easy enough to fix, I would think - "echo
$query|sed -e 's/delete/select count(*)/g'|mysql $database" immediately
comes to mind.  In C, save whatever mysql_num_rows() returns, do the delete,
then return the saved number.

Thread
delete returns incorect number of deleted rows.nord19 Mar
  • Re: delete returns incorect number of deleted rows.Thimble Smith19 Mar
Re: delete returns incorect number of deleted rows.Ed Carp19 Mar