List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Hazeltine Date:June 30 1999 9:20pm
Subject:Conditional deletes
View as plain text
Hi

This is the first time I've had to update a database this way and I don't
understand the manual.  I want to delete a record if it exists and if it
meets certain criteria.  Eg.  Delete a customer record older than 6 months
if there is a record for that customer.

Is there a way to do it in SQL with, say, IFNULL?  Or do I have to query
the database before deleting the record(s)?

Rob...
Robert Hazeltine                      Member of UWSN Web Management Group
Project Officer (Web Development)     Phone:  +61 (2) 4736 0218
Central Administration                Email:  r.hazeltine@stripped
University of Western Sydney, Nepean  http://www.nepean.uws.edu.au/

Thread
Conditional deletesRobert Hazeltine1 Jul
  • Re: Conditional deletesT├Ánu Samuel1 Jul