List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:June 30 1999 8:25pm
Subject:Re: Too Many Connections
View as plain text
Lisa Thompson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm receiving the message "Too many Connections" when I try to connect
> to a mysql database.  I'm running Apache 1.3.6, ModPerl 1.20, and Mysql
> version 3.22.22.
>
> When I do a mysqladmin processlist, there are a lot of sleep processes.
> What is a sleep process?  Could this be causing the problem?

"Sleep process" means that it's connected to a client application, but it's
not currently running a query.  If you're using mod_perl with Apache::DBI,
each httpd process will maintain a separate connection to MySQL.

You need to increase the max_connections variable when you start up mysqld,
e.g:

    safe_mysqld -O max_connections=300

will allow 300 connections.

--
Dan Koch
Webmaster

Thread
Too Many ConnectionsLisa Thompson30 Jun
  • Re: Too Many ConnectionsDaniel Koch1 Jul
  • Re: Too Many ConnectionsBenjamin Pflugmann1 Jul