List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 30 1999 12:32pm
Subject:Error with MysqlClient?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Gill <jonathan@stripped>
> writes:

Jonathan> Hi All
Jonathan> I know this is not strictly MySQL related, but I am not sure where else to
Jonathan> throw this.

Jonathan> I have just installed the DBI modules and msql-mysql perl modules on my
> system
Jonathan> (its a cobalt raq2 running linux RH5.2 with a mips processor) and when trying
Jonathan> connect to the database from a perl script I get the following error.

Jonathan> install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
Jonathan> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/mips-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for  module
Jonathan> DBD::mysql: /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6: undefined symbol:
Jonathan> my_message_no_curses at /usr/lib/perl5/mips-linux/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line
Jonathan> 166.

Jonathan>  at (eval 1) line 2

Jonathan> Can anyone point me in the right direction, or at least tell me which list I
Jonathan> should be mailing to...

msql-mysql-modules@stripped is the right list.

There seems to be something wrong with your .so library. (I haven't
seen this specific problem before)

You can probably fix this by doing one of:

a)  perl Makefile -static

or

b)  move libmysqlclinet.so* to some other place while you compile
    msql-mysql-modules.

Jonathan> PS I have checked through the manual and can't find a solution that works (I
Jonathan> have tried all the perl/DBI/MySQL tips)

Jonathan> Many Thanks

Jonathan> Jonathan Gill

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Error with MysqlClient?Jonathan Gill30 Jun
  • Error with MysqlClient?Michael Widenius30 Jun
    • Re: Error with MysqlClient?Jonathan Gill1 Jul