List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:June 30 1999 8:15am
Subject:Installing over a previous installation in RH 5.2/RPM - conflicts
View as plain text
Hi all.

I've been searching through all the archives for an answer to this
questions but have so far not come up with anything useful. So I might
be asking the same question that has been asked before...

I am currently using 3.22.14b-gamma and I want to upgrade to 3.22.23b. I
am running on RH 5.2 so I got the RPM's for this. When checking for
conflicts I get a whole bunch of them though. A lot of them are language
related but there are some that I'm a bit worried about, for instance:
/usr/bin/isamchk conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/isamlog conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables conflicts with file from
MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/mysql_install_db conflicts with file from
MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/mysql_setpermission conflicts with file from
MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/mysqlbug conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/resolveip conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1
/usr/sbin/mysqld conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.14b-gamma-1

I was wondering if it's ok to force an upgrade or do I need to uninstall
the old version?

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

--------------------------------
www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
S-422 43 Hisings Backa

Thread
Installing over a previous installation in RH 5.2/RPM - conflictsMartin Edelius30 Jun
  • insert into tableMike Almogy30 Jun
  • Installing over a previous installation in RH 5.2/RPM - conflictsMichael Widenius30 Jun