List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Peter Date:January 19 2001 12:19pm
Subject:forcing tcp/ip connect when connecting to localhost
View as plain text
Hi all,

can I force the mysql clients to use a tcp/ip connect if connecting to
'localhost'?

This need stems from the following situation:

I have an ssh account and a mysql DB on one host at my isp. The db can only
be accessed from 'localhost', not from any other.

I use an ssh tunnel to forward the local port 3306 to my isp machine:

ssh -L 3306:localhost:3306 user@stripped sleep 10m

ssh binds only to the localhost interface (127.0.0.1). So now I need to
connect to 127.0.0.1, but through TCP/IP instead of using sockets.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

--
Ben Peter
ph. +49-(0)173-9262278

Thread
forcing tcp/ip connect when connecting to localhostBen Peter19 Jan
Re: forcing tcp/ip connect when connecting to localhostRichard Ellerbrock19 Jan
  • Re: forcing tcp/ip connect when connecting to localhostPete Harlan19 Jan
    • Re: forcing tcp/ip connect when connecting to localhostBen Peter19 Jan