List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:January 17 2001 11:17pm
Subject:Re: Frontend Dilema
View as plain text
Can someone tell me whats worng with my syntax:

use DBI;
$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:rushload\@leader","richard", "passwd");

leader = name of server, rushload = name of database

Do I need a port number if so which one should I use?

Richard

"Jeremy D. Zawodny" wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 03:58:11PM -0600, Richard Reina wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply.  Curses worked OK.  But I was convinced that a
> > web server would be more efficient than NFS for sharing the database
> > files.  Is that true?  Or is a NFS a longtime viable solution for
> > clients on the LAN quering the database.
>
> You don't need NFS in the loop at all.
>
> You curses/perl app will be a client that talks to your MySQL server
> via TCP/IP. The MySQL server is the only things that needs direct
> access to the data files.
>
> I'm suggesting that you replcate browser/mod_perl/apache with
> perl/curses.
>
> Jeremy
> --
> Jeremy D. Zawodny, <jzawodn@stripped>
> Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
> Desk: (408) 328-7878    Fax: (408) 530-5454
> Cell: (408) 439-9951
Thread
Frontend DilemaRichard Reina18 Jan
  • Re: Frontend DilemaJeremy D. Zawodny18 Jan
  • Re: Frontend DilemaRichard Reina18 Jan
    • Re: Frontend DilemaJeremy D. Zawodny18 Jan
      • Re: Frontend DilemaJeremy D. Zawodny18 Jan
    • RE: Frontend DilemaScott Gerhardt18 Jan
  • Re: Frontend DilemaGerald L. Clark18 Jan
  • Re: Frontend DilemaRichard Reina19 Jan
  • Re: Frontend DilemaHarald Fuchs19 Jan
AW: Frontend DilemaMartin Mrvka19 Jan