List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:June 29 1999 11:37pm
Subject:Re: login authintication (fwd)
View as plain text
> I do a small change in the mysql for use a kerberos ticket instead of
> password , in this way you can resolve the security problem from
> PAM module and DB server ...

Kerberos is inherently insecure, and I think Fred Cohen actually has a
working exploit.  Might want to think about using SSH instead.
--
"A friend is someone who won't give up until he finds you, and brings you
home".  -- Robert Fraser

Ed Carp, N7EKG - erc@stripped - 9403672744@stripped for URGENT
messages only!
Web: http://www.pobox.com/~erc

Thread
Re: login authintication (fwd)mailing list mysql30 Jun
  • Re: login authintication (fwd)Ed Carp30 Jun
    • Re: login authintication (fwd)Vivek Khera30 Jun
Re: login authintication (fwd)mailing list mysql2 Jul