List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:March 19 1999 4:39pm
Subject:Re: Ultra High Performance
View as plain text
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:29:08 -0500 (EST), Eric Savage wrote:

>cgi's in C using the C API.  We are basically just looking for a way to
>minimize the number of machines we need.  Our use ranges from simple
>UPDATE sand INSERT statements to complex joinsand substring searches.

C API. Local MySQL server. For non-local access, I was recommended to
use compression (a protocol option when you connect) which sped up
things a lot (especially with large result sets, of course). Static vs
dynamic linking depends on how many concurrent processes you run, how
much memory, etc.

-Sincerely, Fred

Ultra High PerformanceEric Savage19 Mar
  • Ultra High Performancesinisa20 Mar
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timesinisa21 Jan
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timeLars Dittmann21 Jan
  • help: Can't find key for index errorwebmaster junet22 Jan
    • Re: help: Can't find key for index errorsinisa22 Jan
Re: Ultra High PerformanceFred Lindberg19 Mar