List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 29 1999 10:01pm
Subject:RE: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killed
View as plain text

Ben> It doesn't actually appear to me that mysql does thread pooling
Ben> (the threading equivalent of apache's preforking model). I think
Ben> the "extra" thread is due to linuxthreads' scheduler. Hmm,
Ben> although there may be a _single_ extra created, ready to be
Ben> awakened...

Ben> Of course, I could examine the source and find out. I'm just too
Ben> lazy right now :-)

You are right;  MySQL doesn't do thread polling (yet).

Linuxthreads needs one extra thread for internal thread handling, one
thread is needed to handle connections and one thread is needed to
handle signals and alarms.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
3 instaces? why? socket getting killedPaul Wagorn29 Jun
  • Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedSasha Pachev29 Jun
  • Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedTõnu Samuel29 Jun
Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedPaul Wagorn29 Jun
  • Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedTõnu Samuel29 Jun
    • RE: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedBen Margolin30 Jun
      • RE: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedMichael Widenius30 Jun
  • Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedGarrick Staples29 Jun
  • Re: 3 instaces? why? socket getting killedBenjamin Pflugmann30 Jun