List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 17 2001 3:53pm
Subject:Re: Why does query hang?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 17), John Stumbles said:
> On 16 Jan 2001, Drew Wilder-Goodwin wrote:
> > what does a 'show processlist' reveal?
>
> 	I don't know: I restarted mysqld (and then when that didn't
> start properly rebooted the server, and then when that didn't come up
> again power cycled it -- it was One Of Those Days (TM) :-( )
>
> 	What would I have looked for in the show processlist output?

Any INSERT or UPDATE command with a high idle time in the "Time"
column.  Multiple clients doing many small overlapped INSERTS can also
lock tables for extended periods, since write queries always get
priority over read queries by default.  See the Mysql Manual, under
"Table Locking Issues", for solutions.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped