List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:efrazier Date:June 29 1999 5:59pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump port to port?
View as plain text
Good god is there anything not in that manual? :)

shell> mysqladmin create db_name
shell> mysqldump -h 'other hostname' --opt --compress db_name \
        | mysql db_name

Thanks,

Eric

At 08:56 PM 6/29/99 +0300, you wrote:
>efrazier@stripped wrote:
>
>> Just curious, is there a way I can use mysqldump to move the tables from one
>> database to another on another machine using port 3306?
>
>If you want to play I think some variant with netcat (nc) will work like this:
>
>mysqldump --opt DB > nc -h host2 -p 2000
>
>and something on other one:
>
>nc -l 2000 | mysql DB
>
>Never tried but prorably works with some customization ;). You did not
specified
>are you using unix or windows where the things can be very different.
>
>        Tõnu

Thread
mysqldump port to port?efrazier29 Jun
  • Re: mysqldump port to port?Tõnu Samuel29 Jun
Re: mysqldump port to port?efrazier29 Jun
  • Re: mysqldump port to port?Tõnu Samuel29 Jun